Tuesday, November 18, 2003
i now am beginning to understand the dangers that biblical love faces with the distractions that the world puts around us in terms of poetry, chick flicks, music and such. expectations and impressions are formed on minds and hearts, and people are confused when they find that there is an element of love that is a choice, it isn't all they ever hoped for, they don't understand.
i don't know that there is much effort put in counteracting this in the church--sunday school education and such. it seems that sunday school education lacks in a lot of churches. it's more indoctrination than education--preparing them to study the word and think on their own. back to love...
and what is all involved with a "healthy relationship" in more than the general, 'obvious' implications with regards to the physical and such. what about the spiritual? should a couple have a relationship with God as a couple (even before marriage, engagement) as they should have with God as individuals?
josh is a good influence in reinforcing the Voice of my head that tells me I should study this more and pray more. It seems I've been slacking in that lately and I know so full well that I am. SO MUCH!!!! As I discover the wealth of "issues" and things to think about, I realize how much more I want to get into the word for myself and discover what God has to say there. and I think I'm also starting to care less for the "stuff of the world"---going through the motions with life---yet even that seems to get in the way of my life with God. I'm not as "into" the Spirit of Holidays and such more. I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm confusing myself.
*smile* I'm remembering my statements about wanting the monk's life--or at least the life where I can have all the time to study. yet I also have these thoughts in the back of my mind of those other things i still want too--books to read, things to do and see, fulfilling a calling to be a teacher. is it possible to seek after God fully and still be able to enjoy the "pleasures" of the world in terms of books to read, music, travelling? It's a high high command to seek to give God glory in EVERYTHING we do. is it dangerous to start to justify--am i in danger of inventing justifications that aren't valid. How about when I kiss Josh? How does that give glory to God?
0 comments
i don't know that there is much effort put in counteracting this in the church--sunday school education and such. it seems that sunday school education lacks in a lot of churches. it's more indoctrination than education--preparing them to study the word and think on their own. back to love...
and what is all involved with a "healthy relationship" in more than the general, 'obvious' implications with regards to the physical and such. what about the spiritual? should a couple have a relationship with God as a couple (even before marriage, engagement) as they should have with God as individuals?
josh is a good influence in reinforcing the Voice of my head that tells me I should study this more and pray more. It seems I've been slacking in that lately and I know so full well that I am. SO MUCH!!!! As I discover the wealth of "issues" and things to think about, I realize how much more I want to get into the word for myself and discover what God has to say there. and I think I'm also starting to care less for the "stuff of the world"---going through the motions with life---yet even that seems to get in the way of my life with God. I'm not as "into" the Spirit of Holidays and such more. I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm confusing myself.
*smile* I'm remembering my statements about wanting the monk's life--or at least the life where I can have all the time to study. yet I also have these thoughts in the back of my mind of those other things i still want too--books to read, things to do and see, fulfilling a calling to be a teacher. is it possible to seek after God fully and still be able to enjoy the "pleasures" of the world in terms of books to read, music, travelling? It's a high high command to seek to give God glory in EVERYTHING we do. is it dangerous to start to justify--am i in danger of inventing justifications that aren't valid. How about when I kiss Josh? How does that give glory to God?
0 comments