Monday, January 31, 2005
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.
(1 Corinthians)
All I can think about in reading this is how I have failed Josh. How I have ultimately failed God. What am I losing? What have I lost? What am I doing to myself? God, I keep crying out for help and things are only seeming to get worse. Am I really being honest with myself? I put on this facade out of pride. Do they see through it? I know you, God, do not. How can you bear to look on me? Is this why you have turned your face away? I ask questions and do not stop to listen.
Why do I not pray? Why do you let me be so entrapped by the things of the world? I know that it is me, myself, my human nature....but you made me and are working on me. Why? Why am I saying my will, not thine? How can I be so happy for everyone?
Pride. Has pride gone before my fall? Have I fallen or am I falling? I I I. It is not a Job situation for Job was righteous in God's eyes. But have I not learned who we are in God's eyes? Who we WILL be? What is it going to take to bring me back? I know that you God can lift me up and rework me. Am I willing to do the work? What do you ask of me?
How do I be patient? How do I be kind? How do I fight this pride that is eating away at me?
The Sword of the Spirit.
0 comments
8Love never fails.
(1 Corinthians)
All I can think about in reading this is how I have failed Josh. How I have ultimately failed God. What am I losing? What have I lost? What am I doing to myself? God, I keep crying out for help and things are only seeming to get worse. Am I really being honest with myself? I put on this facade out of pride. Do they see through it? I know you, God, do not. How can you bear to look on me? Is this why you have turned your face away? I ask questions and do not stop to listen.
Why do I not pray? Why do you let me be so entrapped by the things of the world? I know that it is me, myself, my human nature....but you made me and are working on me. Why? Why am I saying my will, not thine? How can I be so happy for everyone?
Pride. Has pride gone before my fall? Have I fallen or am I falling? I I I. It is not a Job situation for Job was righteous in God's eyes. But have I not learned who we are in God's eyes? Who we WILL be? What is it going to take to bring me back? I know that you God can lift me up and rework me. Am I willing to do the work? What do you ask of me?
How do I be patient? How do I be kind? How do I fight this pride that is eating away at me?
The Sword of the Spirit.
0 comments